Sunday, January 09, 2011

things I'm thinking about...

Happy January! I've just had a pretty great streak of seeing movies... here's what I'm thinking.... top 10.

1. Gwyneth Paltrow supposedly gained 20 lbs to play Kelly Canter in "Country Strong." I couldn't find those 20 lbs and now she's supposedly lost them. She was TOO skinny in the movie anyway!! Gwyneth... eat a sandwich!

2. You guys know how I feel about country music... I only have a few exceptions... SOME Dixie Chick songs. and SOME of the songs from the "Crazy Heart" soundtrack. I was quickly disappointed to see that so few of Garrett Hedlund's songs from "Country Strong" were on the soundtrack... I don't want to listen to the overly twangy Trace Adkins version... that's not why I saw the movie, what does he have to do with that song?! Then I realized they released a "more music from the ..." soundtrack with Garrett's songs. So why do these people even put out these other versions?! I want a SOUNDTRACK because I saw the MOVIE. Hedlund's voice was great. Made me swoon, although I still like Ryan Bingham's voice better if we're comparing country music films. So "crackly", deep, and wonderful.

3. Colin Firth (The King's Speech). Natalie Portman (Black Swan). Christian Bale (The FIghter). Jeff Bridges & Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit). These 5 were all amazing in their respective films. It's so interesting to think about where they've come from/previous movies... "Love Actually".. "STAR WARS (the new ones)" "Little Women" ... "THe Big Lebowski"... and we really haven't seen Hailee so much to look back with fondess. But what RANGE! hahah... I get nostalgic. All of those movies are great EXCEPT for the new Star Wars.

4. Jake and Taylor broke up. Jake, you know where to find me.

5. Sandra and Ryan are supposedly together. They have my blessing.

6. I want to see "Blue Valentine" very badly. That's next on my list.

7. I saw "How Do You Know"... now I knew going in people didn't like it. But EW gave it C+. So I was thinking it may be cute, but just not all there. A friend told me that they seemed confused about what to do with the script. So I saw it yesterday since my friend and I missed the showing of Country Strong we were aiming for... and omg, I was SO BORED! I was so confused with the timing, the segways, the script... the actors are all great, so you know it's not really them... but... WORST rom-com of 2010 that tried to be good.

8. EW gave "How Do You Know" and "Country Strong" both a C+... I think you can tell by my number 7 thoughts that I think this same grade is ridiculous. "Country Strong" was SO much better of a film than "HDYK"... there's no comparison! And no, I know they're not the same genre and it's like comparing Ice cream to brownies. But EW, let's be serious... Maybe going over your grading system is a must for 2011.

9. OWN is owning my life. Someone get me out of here. I'm so addicted. When offered to drop channels 100-199 to save money each month, I stopped in my tracks because OWN is channel 180. I don't even like Oprah! But I love her channel. What a dilemma.

10. Thank goodness "Glee" isn't doing a Bieber episode.

Bonus Thought # 11 for 2011: I can't wait for the Oscars! Hathaway and Franco will hopefully deliver as wonderful hosts. But before we get there, we've got the not as important Golden Globes.... REALLY?! Angelina Jolie was nominated for "The Tourist"?!?!?! That's all I have to say to you, Golden Globes.

What are YOU thinking about?! Happy 2011 all!

No comments: