Tuesday, February 12, 2008

VA's not so super Tuesday


Today was the VA super Tuesday, not last Tuesday... but TODAY. I was extremely excited to vote and so I had class until 6:15 and knew the polls were open until 7. This was the first time I couldn't vote in the afternoon, so I felt like I would really be there with the after work voters. SO I pull into the parking lot at 6:25 and the doors are CLOSED. Everything is dark and shut down; they've shut down the polls at my location EARLY. I immediately call my father and express my hatred towards this elementary school for shutting down early and making a very hopeful and entitled voter angry.

I come back to my apt. and yell to my roommate that I'm really pissed and I start to cry. Who knew not being able to vote would make someone cry. But the tears were also reflecting a really hectic weekend and plain exhaustion.

So where am I going with this on a movie blog you ask? Well the only thing that kept me from continuing to cry was my knowledge that I was going out to buy 'Into The Wild'. I've been waiting for this day since I first saw the film in the theaters. So I stop my crying and get my butt over to the FYE, where I have a handy dandy gift card, ready to purchase 'Into the Wild' and 'Across the Universe'. 'Into the Wild' is not there. Well I think, that's OK, I'll go to Target, use my gift card to buy 'Across the Universe' and it'll be all set. Then I start wondering, if anyone should have 'ITW' today, it would be FYE... so I'm now starring at the Coming Soon poster and I don't see it listed... so it just has to be a mistake... I get up to the register and finally notice... ALLLL the way down at the bottom is 'Into The Wild' coming March 4.

I seriously wanted to keep crying right then. Like, could my day get any worse? An awful exam in the AM, lack of sleep, not being able to vote and now I can't buy 'ITW'... GREAT.

so I then go to Coldstone where my roommate is working and she gives me cheap ice cream... in a NEW chocolate cake batter flavor... it is divine and I go back to my apt, turn on 'The Biggest Loser' and drink wine to drown away my sorrows.

Should we movie fans really have to put up with this writers' strike... which should be over tonight!!! AND not having DVDs released when they say they will?!?! oy vey.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Jenna!!! I have 100 profile views....scary.

I just looked at yours, so now you have 32. ;)