Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Russell Brand, Sarah Palin and my love for Weeds

So now that I'm home and just lifeguarding while I look for a job, I've got lots of time to catch up on politics, tv, books, you name it. So my first item on the list was Russell Brand and the MTV VMAs. Many a people are angered by his performance and jokes about the Jonas Brothers, especially. Personally I found him hilarious. I'd say 90% of his jokes were funny which is a pretty good percentage if we're talking MTV VMAs here... let's be serious, they're not always the funniest thing you can find on TV. But I thought his humor was quick witted and yes, he is a bit crazy... but who isn't?

I knew he was just joking about the Jonas Brothers... but it seems as though parts of America missed that part. And what really gets me ticked off is when people complain about it who didn't see all of the jokes! They just hear the bit about putting the ring around their testicles, or whatever he said. Sure that was a bit crude, but they didn't even hear the funnier parts that came before that! And then for Jordin Sparks... who represents what I consider middle america... she just made that silly comment about anyone making fun of the rings is a slut. Well... thanks Jordin for taking the jokes to the next level and ruining the moment. She's the one who started this whole mess by reacting the way she did. I'm willing to bet five dollars that if Jordin didn't say that, no one would be talking about The Jo Bros rings. America needs to lighten up!

Another thing that makes me angry about Middle America is that everyone who loves Sarah Palin is like boo hoo you're picking on Sarah. Well excuse me for wanting some information about the possible VP. If John McCain dies, I would like to hear what she has to say about banning books and her gun laws and her thoughts on abortion and blah blahh. I'm sick of all this BS about the media being too invasive... the MEDIA is just DOING THEIR JOBS! As citizens of America we have the RIGHT to know what Sarah Palin, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, and John McCain think and believe. We have the right to know what they're going to do for this country and what they've done in the past... goodness gracious people, stop playing the gender card and open up your minds. America needs to get smart!

Onto a more positive note. I love "Weeds." The TV series on Showtime. It's sooooo good. I just finished Season 3 and unfortunately I don't get Showtime, so I've got to wait for Season 4 to be done with and get out on DVD. It's quick, smart, funny, heart-warming, and just has an all around great cast! I can't say enough good things about it. Well one bad thing, from doing my research into Season 4, my fave character Conrad seems to be out. Where did he go. If anyone can tell me where he's gone, it'd be much appreciated. He's the really funny guy in "Baby Mama" and was also in "The 40-year-old Virgin" and a bunch of other things... Romany Malco is his name. Everyone should check out "Weeds" and maybe... Showtime should pay me now for being such a great supporter! Haaa!

OH! So I've always said that I'm proud to have never watched "The Hills" and will refuse to watch it, convinced that it will make me lose brain cells. Well I watched one.... (insert gasp here... i know, it's awful) and only because my friend Amy was over and it was on before the VMAs. Well I did feel a few brain cells short, but luckily Russell Brand's jokes gave me them back I think... So anyway, it was the WORST hour? of my life... I think I watched 2 episodes. I just cannot believe how AWFUL Spencer is. WWHYYY does anyone let him get away with his personality. I think he is the worst person I've ever seen in my life. I really hope I never meet anyone like that. EVER.

Well, peace out friends. I hope you all open your minds a bit and do some research into important issues these days like the election and when to criticize a comedian and when to just enjoy the show.

No comments: