Thursday, February 04, 2010

2010! Oscars!

I have seriously failed all few of you who may be reading this blog. I promise that in 2010 I will take the time to sit, write, share, contemplate, and enjoy good film, television and pop culture.

2010 has turned out to be a good year so far, I'm very grateful for great friends, great opportunities, a great job... I'm really optimistic for what the rest of 2010 will bring.

And it's that time of year! MY FAVORITE! OSCAR time! The Oscar nominations are out and it's going to be an INTERESTING show because for the first time we have 10 Best Picture Noms! Which will make my father's Oscar contest verryyyyy interesting. But I'm also excited to see how these new changes turn out... .who knows, it could be so bad they'll be back to 5 again next year.

And how sad I've only seen 4 out of the 10... I'm very far behind this year. Avatar is on my list for this weekend, The Hurt Locker is in my netflix queue and I'm going to try to get to An Education before that leaves! Inglorious Basterds is also on the netflix queue and I've got to see about District 9 and A Serious Man.

I really enjoyed Crazy Heart, the music, the acting, the story... all of it! T Bone Burnett really does a great job of making the song an integral part of the movie, like he's done with his others too.

For now though, it's time for bed. I'll update more this weekend. Goodnight you crazy folk.



p.s. help me think of a new name for this blog!

No comments: