Sunday, February 22, 2009

i spend my life falling...

This blog title post could mean many a thing... and some of those things better be left for a different blog post... but what I mean by it tonight is literally... FALLING. I have now fallen down in NYC at least three times in the past 5 years. Tonight, Amy, Ali Fales and I had just stepped out onto the street after seeing 'Chicago' and less than a block away from the theater, I tripped on uneven pavement, my foot totally rolled into the lower, uneven part and BOOM. I was down. I stood up as quickly as I could, with Ali and Amy in tow, and just start LAUGHING at myself. Which is typical. haha so then towards the end of the block I was thinking, I should check to see if my pants have a hole in them now, since I landed right on my knee. So I look down, sure enough, it's not just a hole, my pants have SPLIT from one side seem to the other... straight tear right across my knee. Now I'm laughing and tearing up... also typical... because these are my FAVORITE pants. They're almost like the sisterhood of the traveling pants, but without the sisterhood part. They've been with me EVERYWHERE. Paris... London... Amsterdam.... I cannot think about how great these pants have been to me.

But so because I made Ali and Amy stop and take a picture of my tragic pants, we then saw an envoy coming down the block a few blocks over from 49th on 43rd. So we stop and decide to be THOSE people who stand and watch as the envoy comes to a stop and the canadian prime minister gets out. YEP. You may ask, but Obama was just up THERE visiting him in Canada?! Well I guess they travel quickly and he and his fam are staying at the Westin hotel in NYC on W. 43rd st. Just incase you were wondering.

On another note... THE OSCARS are tomorrow! Well now I guess technically today! I'm excited! But sometimes I wish I didn't get wrapped up in who's going to win and the odds of them winning, etc. I like to enjoy the surprise of it all. Maybe one year I'll skip all the prep, contests, reading and just GUESS based on which I thought were the best performances. I think I'll do that next year. Too often in life we're left with no surprises anymore... and i KNOW that the Oscars can have surprises, but still, I want to be surprised by it ALL.

I'll write tomorrow and tell you my predictions, since now I am TIRED and tomorrow night is going to be a late night.. Monday at work isn't going to be so pretty... : / ... that's one thing that will NEVER be a surprise... the Oscars never ending on time!

goodnight and goodluck.